Get Help With Your Claim 770-623-6007

If I draw Workers' Compensation benefits am I still entitled to receive SSDIB?

A-You may certainly receive both but you may not be able to receive the full amount of SSDIB. You will receive the full Workers' Compensation benefits but when the SSDIB kicks in, if you are a high wage earner-(like $45,000 to $50,000 per year in reportable wages) you could possibly receive full SSDIB. If you have a lower yearly wage, the Social Security Administration has authorization by law to deduct your entire monthly WC payment from your monthly entitlement to your SSDIB.

Sometimes it is appropriate to settle your workers' compensation claim which will allow you to receive a higher SSDIB monthly payment. You must still report to Social Security Administration that you have settled your workers' compensation claim and there is an offset language called the Hartman Language that is used in every workers' compensation settlement to reduce the amount of money that Social Security Administration may deduct from their monthly payment to you. That amount is fact intensive and based on your workers' compensation settlement amount.

Our Community

Suwanee Duluth Lawrenceville Johns Creek Gwinnett Norcross Buford Atlanta Dunwoody Berkeley Lake Sugar Hill Winder Snellville Locust Grove Stone Mountain.