Initial Questions asked in Social Security Disability Cases
- Q-Trial Work Period-what is it?Q-Trial Work Period-what is it?
- Q-Why do I need to watch out for Social Security Related Scams?
- Q-If I draw Workers' Compensation benefits am I still entitled to receive SSDIB?
- Q-Does age have anything to do with my ability to receiving Social Security Disability Income Benefits?
- Q-I worked one job for 20 years but cannot work it anymore, can I get disability benefits?
- Q-Can my Disability be solely a psychiatric disability?
- Q-What is my date last insured?
- Q-How Long Can I Keep my Disability Benefits?
- Q-Is the DDS the Social Security Administration?
- Q-What are FICA Taxes?
- Q-What does ADL mean in a Social Security Case?
After your Initial Application-Questions?Answers
- Q-What can I expect when the SSA sends me to their doctor?
- Q-Can I represent myself and just send all my medical records to the Social Security Administration?
- Q-If I cannot find a job in the field I have worked at for the last 20 plus years, will that fact make me eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- Q-Why should I not have my doctor or doctors just write a letter to the Social Security Administration to show I am disabled?
- Q-What happens if I receive a denial letter at Level I or Level II from the DDS/SSDIB office?
- Q-Why do I have to complete all the written questions about my activities? How detailed should I be in completing these forms?
- Q-Must I attend a Social Security doctor's examination if the Social Security Administration send me a letter telling me to do so?
Preparation for Hearing at the Office of Hearings and Appeals-Questions/Answers
- Q-“Why does it take so long to get a favorable decision from the time I first apply for SSDIB?”
- Q-Can a Social Security Judge Issue a Ruling Stating that I have failed to follow prescribed treatment for my disability?
- Q-“Residual Functional Capacity-A key for determining eligibility for SSDIB”
- Q-Can I present medical evidence from a onetime medical examination or must I have ongoing treatment from the treating physician?
- Q-Can the judge give my treating doctor less weight when making his/her decision today my benefits?
- Q-Pre Hearing Memorandum
The Hearing of your Case-Questions/Answers
- Q-What is a Fully Favorable Decision?
- Q-Do I need to go to the hearing in my case?
- Q-Some people tell me that if I have exaggerated or made a false statement it can be held against me. Is that true?
- Q-What is the percentage of Favorable Decisions made by the judge in my case?
- Q-In my hearing notice it states that there will be a vocational evaluator present. What does this mean?
- Q-Do I need to testify live at the hearing for my SSDIB?
- Q-What does it cost to hire a lawyer to represent me in my SSDIB claim?