Get Help With Your Claim 770-623-6007

Can my family doctor be in charge of my medical treatment after my automobile accident?

While family doctors are many times our best friends, they generally do not like to get involved in automobile accident cases. Smart family doctors will quickly refer you out to a specialist, if they know one. But a bit of cautionary advice here: If you see a family doctor right after your automobile accident, you MUST tell the doctor about your automobile accident. Withholding that information will cause you immense headaches at many different levels in your claim for money benefits.

The most obvious is that the claims adjuster will need to see these records and if you have not detailed your automobile accident and medical condition to your family doctor right after the accident, how can you expect the adjuster to believe you were actually hurt? You will have just “tanked” your case. Period.

Family doctors have almost no experience with who the specialists are who treat automobile accident victims. This is another reason why you need to talk to a lawyer who can guide you to quality specialists in the medical field.

Our Community

Suwanee Duluth Lawrenceville Johns Creek Gwinnett Norcross Buford Atlanta Dunwoody Berkeley Lake Sugar Hill Winder Snellville Locust Grove Stone Mountain.