- Q-When must the workers' compensation insurance company start my weekly benefits if I cannot work?
- Q-Who determines how much weekly disability money (TTD) I am supposed to receive when I am out of work?
- Q- Can I draw unemployment benefits and workers' compensation benefits at the same time?
- Q- If the workers' compensation insurance company denies my claim, can I use my group insurance benefits to pay for my medical treatment? Who pays the co-pays and deductibles?
- Q- Why do the workers' compensation doctors not want to release to me my medical records for the treatment of my injuries?
- Q- What is a PPD rating? If I have been given a rating, will I be able to get some money for it? When will this happen?
- Q-My “employer” calls me an independent contractor. How will this affect me if I get hurt on the job doing work for him/her?
- Q- When does my employer or the insurance company lose the right to control my medical care?
- Q- If I return to light duty work after a job injury but cannot perform the light duty job and I am forced to suspend my work, MUST the insurance company re-start my benefits?
- Q-How can I push the insurance adjuster to approve or authorize my treatment since my doctor will not move forward without knowing he/she will be paid for the treatment cost?
- Q-“Why has my case been postponed so many times?”
- Q-What are assessed attorney fees and does an assessment free me of paying my lawyer?
- Q-What if the insurance company lawyer wants to interview or have a meeting with my treating physician in my workers' compensation injury claim?
- Q-Must the Judge favor my long time doctor and his opinion over an insurance doctor who has seen me only one time?
- Q-Does a return to light and restricted work end your workers' compensation claim?
- Q-What do I need to bring to a Settlement Mediation?
- Q-What does a lawyer need to bring to a Settlement Mediation?
- Q-Is that a fair offer of settlement?
- Q- What is the 10 day rule for submitting medical evidence before a hearing?
- Q- What is discussed during a conference call with the Judge in a workers' compensation case the day or so before my hearing?
- Q- Why is there so much fighting in a workers' compensation claim?
- Q-What if I have an aggravation of an underlying congenital condition due to a job injury?
- Q-What is Total Disk Replacement?
- Q-Should I take the advice of the Nurse Case Manager assigned to my case by the insurance company?
- Q-What if my IME doctor wants to do a diagnostic test that has never been done on me before now?
- Q-Who controls the medical care of the injured worker?
- Q-Should I let the insurance company doctor who has operated on my shoulder, set me up with a FCE without any push back on my part?
- Q- When should I tell my lawyer about what my doctor says about my condition?
- Q- The Company Clinic and their orthopedic specialist say my bone spurs in my neck are not a job injury. Are they right?
- Q- Is the Corona Virus-19, if controlled, a job injury subject to the workers' compensation laws of Georgia?
- Q-Do I have a permanent impairment rating?
- Q-Do I have a claim if I suffered psychological injuries only?
- Q-Can an employee quit his/her job if the Corona Virus spreads to their workplace?
- Q-How difficult will it be for Georgia worker to mount a claim for Covid-19?
- Can I Draw unemployment benefits if I am currently receiving workers' compensation temporary total disability benefits?
General Workers' Compensation Questions/Answers
- Q-How Legislation is made in the Workers' Compensation Arena
- Q-What if I get hurt in my garage, will I be covered by my boss' workers' compensation policy of insurance?
- Q-“When an Insurance Company Denies your Entire Claim”
- Q-What if my boss directs me to do some task after work hours and I have an accident/injury in performing these duties?
- Q-Workers' Compensation System and Statistics
- Q-Should I stop my social media activity after my injury?
- Q- What are the most obvious ways I can hurt my job injury claim?